Need some motivation to clean out those cluttered closets and reorganize the garage? Looking for that perfect piece of furniture to refurbish? Marley Park’s annual Fall Community Garage Sale is right around the corner, and a perfect opportunity to get organized and make some extra holiday cash at the same time.
On Saturday, November 8, head over to Bashas’ and grab a pick-me-up to start the morning off right and enjoy the autumn weather hunting for deals and mingling with friends along the way. The Marley Park Community Association, Inc. will provide directional signage to help eager shoppers find their way around the community. Whether you are selling wares or browsing neighbors’ treasures please use caution while out-and-about as this yearly event brings extra traffic from 6 a.m. – noon.
Donate those items you don’t sell at the garage sale to a good cause. Community Works of Arizona will have a staffed truck in the Heritage Club parking lot from 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. accepting all types of donations. Please ensure donated items are in clean condition and do not leave any items unattended in the parking lot or in other locations within the community.
Tips for a successful garage sale:
1. Have plenty of small change on hand. MidFirst Bank lobby is open Monday – Friday 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. and Saturday 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. ATM’s are located at MidFirst Bank and Bashas’.
2. Create an inventory list with the asking price and your bottom line. Share list with any helpers you have on board.
3. Use painters tape to price items so that pesky sticky residue is not left behind.
4. Advertise the original purchase price and age of the item.
5. Provide an outlet to test electrical items.
6. Group items together (i.e. children’s toys/books by age appropriateness, clothing by size).
7. Personal directional signage is recommended (kindly remove by the end of the day).
8. Slash prices at the end of the day so that you have less to haul away. Offer BOGO and other deals to entice last minute shoppers.
Give neighbors a preview of specific items you will be selling or looking for during the garage sale. What can we expect to see in your driveway this Saturday?